Tuesday, January 24, 2012

LITTLE LITTLE THINGS....

life is made of this little little moments everyday... We have to catch those little moments and try to get pleasure from them...

Each one of us feel that rush when things happen just the way we like them or when we do something that we love ... for me such a tiny moment is when I wash my steel tins where I store my everyday tea and coffee making material i.e tea leaves, sugar and ground coffee...

 
I love to see them drying on my kitchen counter .. and then I love it when I refill them and keep them in their place ..

for those reading this it will be like a simple action which one does without giving a thought ..but for me its a part of my daily routine ( I remove one or the other steel vessel in the house and wash it ..) I have so many ... Here in India we store our food stuff in steel tins or dabba's as we call them...
Why don't we talk or at-least think of those little little moment that are a part of our day to day routine and which give us as much pleasure as a new diamond ring would right?
I have many such moments in a day which I search for ...


Making  my bed and dusting our room clean...

                                          (above picture is from a magazine)
Having my mid morning cup of tea without disturbance and in a nice pretty cup..


cooking something new and delicious which I am positive will be enjoyed by everyone...


organizing something everyday like a drawer or a shelf.
reading one of  my favorite magazine 


Can you tell me yours???


3 comments:

vivari said...

my fav time is watching my fav tv shows and reading..i feel happy when i throw away old stuff which i am not using...makes the house cleaner....

Anonymous said...

After completing the long waited laundary....

Santie said...

First of all I want to tell you how pleased I am with your blog. I just came upon it via Lady Lydia's Home Living, and if I tell you it is like finding a box of chocolate unexpectedly I am not exaggerating!
I live a very fortunate and charmed live, filled with little joys, but one of my favourite daily rituals is to 'put our home to bed'. We turn in early, because my husband and son have to leave for work and university between 5 and 6 am. Before I turn in, I straighten the living room, shine my kitchen sink and then make sure all the curtains are drawn, lights are switched off, the doors are locked, and everything is tidy and ready for the next day. This routine never fails to fill me with gratitude.