Monday, January 18, 2010

EARRINGS....

Yesterday when i had gone for my regular vegetable and grocery shopping i saw a banner which announced this exhibition which i visited.The exhibition  had some artisans from near by places who had come together to showcase their things . I love such exhibitions only because the things available are handmade and they are not available in big malls and so, are not mass produced that's, the beauty of these things..
The advantages of buying such goods is that you encourage small time artisans to sell and improve there products and also have some unique handmade stuff with you.
I normally never let go an opportunity to visit such places and one so near never.... so there i was at the exhibition with my grocery shopping bags and not too much money but as it was the last day of the exhibition i had to go there and buy something for my inner solace.
There were some lovely simple things with no frills and laces just simple stuff which have utility value in our day to day lives as the people who come to such exhibitions don't have loads of money to waste but have just enough to live comfortable lives . And the most important thing that is considered while buying these things is that they should last long and the money paid should be well used...
I purchased three things..
I have taken a picture of only one of those right now the rest i will be uploading later



I loved the earrings because they are very traditional and look great when worn on a traditional Indian dress or saree . These are not real but handmade with artificial pearls and silver which is gold plated..

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment about my crocheted dishcloths. Normally dishcloths are used to wash dishes by hand or for wiping up spills. Mine are 100% cotton too. However, I haven't used mine that way - I set them out more as decoration or use as a doily. They are too pretty to get dirty so I just like to look at them. I give them away to friends and family.

Teacup Lane (Sandy)