Monday, October 13, 2014

MY NOW...

Outside my window: Hi, I have decided that I will be writing about my week gone by and what I am doing right now on Mondays (if possible...”smiles**” and today it is possible to do so , and so, here I am)
It’s 10.30 at night and I have just finished up cleaning up after dinner, a little early compared to the other days as I normally finish after 11.00.
Off course its dark outside and I am in my son’s room as he is out for work and my hubby is watching an action movie out in the living room.

I am thankful... That my annual eye check up is finally done and that I have only a slight increase in my reading No.

I am wearing... Blue kurti and my grey leggings (I am still in the same dress that I wore in the evening for my eye checkup and then a round in the mall.

I am wondering... If I will get back to reading my never-ending pile of books and magazines that have been lying unattended for a very long time .I had been experiencing discomfort while reading on the computer and my books, and hence got my eyes checked to find that my reading no has changed and that I will need new glasses.

I am reading... For the last couple of days I have been reading sites which tell me more about India in the 1920’s, 30’s, 40’s and 50’s. I have always loved to know about old India and how it was living in those times. But I could not find much on that subject but recently I have found some very good sites that tell me more about the daily lives of people in olden India.

I am watching: As I said I have been watching more than reading in the last few months.
I am watching some nice serials on TV which are family dramas.
I have been also watching my favorite you tube channels mostly hauls.
I have started watching REVENGE SEASON 3 which my son downloaded for me. I love this serial and only the first two seasons have been telecast in India.
I am hoping... To start reading again the way I used to especially, books as there are so many which I have purchased but not yet read.

Last week: Nothing special, just clearing and cleaning up after my brother and family left back for the US.
Invited my husband’s doctor friends over for dinner on Saturday night, had good fun with them.
COOKED: I menu for the day was
              Palak Masoor tonak, French beans vegetable, paneer butter masala,chicken tikka masala(heritage), roasted corn salad, and vegetable pulao/ Biryani.
With chicken tikka, reshmi kabab, vegetable chilli for starters.


 Around the house... There is a lot of cleaning and organizing to be done as the festival of lights DIWALI is just round the corner.


One of my favorite things: I loved the cool lassi (sweet yogurt drink) which I had when I was with my hubby on a hot humid afternoon.
Enjoying eating apples which are in season right now in India.

A few plans for this week:
 Lots and lots on my to do list.. Priority being
CLEAN, CLEAN AND CLEAN
                         Read some old magazines and discard a few.
Today’s menu:
Breakfast: egg fry and toast
Lunch: Tomato dal and papdi vegetable rice and roti
Dinner: French beans vegetable
Today was one of the simplest menus that I could ever make.



1 comment:

dokka srinivasu said...

Rspected madam

Namaste. Thank you very much for your recent comment to my Bombay street scenes post in my Heritage of India blog.
http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/01/bombay-street-scene-in-19th-century.html

Madam i am glad to know that you are interested in Indian Heritage and Culture. Madam in my Heritage of India blog you found many interesting information our Heritage and i am sharing all those links to you one by one.

Madam first i want to share you link of my blog about "Lamps of India". Madam in this Lamps of India post i am sharing information about several Lamps used from many generations. Madam this is the link of Lamps of India post.

http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/09/lamps-of-india.html

Madam please go through Lamps of India article and share your valuable and encouraging comments.

Madam Happy Diwali in advance.