Tuesday, September 9, 2014

LEARN AND LIVE

As we grow we learn, we learn lessons through good experiences and the bad ones and it’s up to us to act upon what we learn, turn every mistake into an opportunity..


I was visiting my aunt over the weekend, she enjoys writing out small quotes or phrases which she comes across in the newspaper or even a story that she reads. And she was kind enough to share that diary or Journal with me.. We spent a great afternoon together discussing the things or quotes that she had written over a steaming hot cup of tea and vegetable fritters. These are the moments which I cherish in my life.
I feel each one of us should have a journal, in which we can jot down the things that come to our mind as we read something or even as we watch something.. When a writer writes a story he has some characters in mind which have a personality and that personality is portrayed on the screen, now it’s up to us to look at that character and try to learn something from it either the way you can be or the way you should not be., It’s a great way to improve our personality while enjoying the serials that we watch.
I will be sharing with you some quotes that I loved from my aunt’s diary and also some which I myself have learnt over the period of time.
I would love that you comment on those quotes and we together can learn something out of it..

I will be putting in the quotes under the thread LEARN AND LIVE.


1.   1.TREAT OLD AGE AS A PERSONAL VICTORY, CONSIDER IT AS A PRIVILEGE, YOU HAVE GONE THRU THE GOOD AND THE BAD TIMES WITH STRENGTH AND IT HAS TAUGHT YOU A LOT ALONG THE WAY.


IT HAS GIVEN YOU THE WISDOM THAT ONLY YEARS CAN GIVE.

2.THE ONLY WAY TO AGE GRACEFULLY IS TO REMAIN ACTIVE AND ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT LEARNING SOMETHING NEW.

Please put in your comments regarding the lines that I put in so that we can add up to our quotes about life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow....good to see ur blogpsot after so long! Since I was abroad on work i just completely forgot about all the blog I followed while in India. Lovely quotes. Enjoyed reading.

Well, some of my favs are:

1)Take away my license, but don't steal my independence. I will let you drive, But let me tell you Where I want to go.- Joanne Coste

2)"When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."
Harriet Beecher Stowe

3)What you thought before has led to every choice you have made, and this adds up to you at this moment. If you want to change who you are physically, mentally, a spiritually, you will have to change what you think.
- Dr. Patrick Gentempo

4)Change the belief, and the thinking changes. Change the thinking, and the action changes. Change the action, and the result changes. ALIGN YOUR BELIEFS WITH YOUR DESIRED OUTCOME.
John Assaraf

Actually there are lots more but right cud think of only these 4. So my fav 4 :-)